Old April 8th 06, 05:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Michael A. Terrell

Default Catalog

Noon-Air wrote:

Its marketing 101.... *any* order or correspondence gets you on their
mailing list. Same thing with my customers.... I always gat a name, address,
and phone number immediately after "Hello". From then on out, for up to 5
years, they are in my database and get fliers, mailers, post cards, etc with
the special de-jour. One of the best tricks is to send out cards to *all* of
the folks in the data base with a discount coupon on renewal of their
service agreement. You say you don't have a service agreement?? , no
problem, we will give you the discount as an "introductory offer", when can
we schedule you for a complete heating/cooling system perfoemance
evaluation?

It works a whole lot better than folks think.... and you still got the
catalog to look through for your next order :-)

-n6ojn

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

Life is what happens while you were making other plans

That sounds like a local HVAC company that called me 35 times in one
week, insisting that I "Needed" their "Central air tune-up special" I
told them the fist 34 times that I didn't even have a window air
conditioner, let alone a central air system and not to call me and tie
up my business phone line again. The last time she called, I asked her
how many phone lines they had. The woman wanted to know why, so I told
her that if I got one more call that I was going to contact a lot of
people to have them make repeated calls about their services, then to
have them come out to give a price on a new central air system before
telling them they had changed their minds. She yelled that it was
harassment. I laughed and told her, "Now you know how I feel!", and
hung up. They never called me back.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell