Old April 17th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
an_old_friend

Default Should I give up my CB for ham?

Robbie McFerren wrote:
You can't give up CB completely. You should still have your CB to
listen on channel 19, swear, etc. You are going to have fun on ham (I'm
not one, nor have I used my CB in a while either), but you get to play
with satellites (including bouncing signals off the moon), repeaters,
phone patch, TV, microwaves, computer data and more. This is done on a
tech class license. If you go higher you get morse code, and
shortwaves. Ooh I forgot to mention you get to use FM, VHF/UHF/SHF/EHF,
and 1000 watts.

wellyou can give CB just no reason to do so.

and the coderequirement is dead soonand itis 1500 watts btw