Old April 19th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tam/WB2TT

Default M2 6 Meter Yegis

wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:28:45 -0400, "Phil"
wrote:

I am thinking for replacing my old Creative Design CL-6A 5 element 6 meter
yagis with one of the M Squared antennas, either a 6M7, 6M7JHV, or a
6M2WLC.
Does anyone know where there's any comparatiuve data on them or where
there
are product reviews on the 6M7 or 6M2WLC (the JHV was in QST a few years
back)?

Thanks

Phil Finkle K6EID

There ok if you want a thin element narrowband yagi. They do show SWR
rise with ice and snow.

Myself I'd want fatter elements for wider bandwidth and a bit more
robust.

Allison

At least where I live, FM20, I don't see thin elements as a big deal. I have
had a KLM 50 - 7 LD up for over 20 years with no signs ef element damage. As
for bandwidth, 50.0 to 50.25 is really all you need for CW and SSB.

Tam/WB2TT