Old July 18th 04, 06:27 PM
Helmut

"Peter Dougherty" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
| "Helmut" said :
|
| Congrats, Doug, well done,
|
| It is one of the rare times, he is active AND conx are ok.
|
| As Mt. Athos is part of Greece, and Greece is member of the European
Union,
| their currency is EURO. As you might not get EUROS in your neck of the
wood,
| two bucks will do.
|
| The problem with sending a Euro thrugh the mail is it's a coin, not a
| bank note, and one runs the inherent risk of having the letter
| pilfered.

You are right, Peter, but to support the monks on Mt. Athos, a 5er will be
ok, Unfortunately for many of us here is the smallest bill.

| The regular airmail fee from EU to US is 1,12 Euros
|
| Remember, though, each nation in the EU sets its own postage rates
| (for now, anyway). Spain is a low 0,77 Euros and Germany is 1,55 Euros
| (to North America).

Did not realize, that it's so cheap down there. Just took the average from
here around. I did know it is quite costly to mail from Germany

| I just looked at the envelope I received from Monk Apollo a couple of
| months ago and it was posted with a 0,65 Euro stamp, so, in threory,
| $1 would do fine.

Yeah, One Dollar would be sufficient.

73 and good DX
OE8SOQ