Old April 30th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Brian Murrey

Default Mobile Antenna Question..

Thanks for all the info guys. I think I am going with a 20m and a 40m
Hamstick type of antenna. I will most likely be mounting it to the Taurus
(which is a car and not a SUV) with one of those license plate mounting
kits. I am making the mounting kit in the metal shop next week. It will be
stainless steel and about twice as thick as the one Lakeview sells. I can
get a few very good grounds with the license plate mount.

I will then run some 10 ga stranded wires to the battery and fuse both sides
near the battery. I will make a connector cable for my KX1 so it mates up
OK. The KX1 is only 4w out so I could probably run it off the cigarette
lighter...which I might do anyway. I think the cig lighter is rated at 10A
so should be over kill.

I am also making a mount for my 2004 Durango so I can move the antenna and
rig between vehicles. I have ordered a few of the quick disconnect joints
for the mount. I will probably use RG8X for the antenna feed line. The KX1
has a built in antenna tuner.

73 de KB9BVN

Radio Amateurs - Fill your junk box, from my junkbox!
http://www.hamradparts.com
73 de KB9BVN