Old May 4th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Phil Nelson

Default Lots of ads

Sure, I'm exaggerating some. You know what I mean, though. It's depressing
if you have been away for a while, then dial in and see a screen full of FA
SPAM. It's hard to believe there's anyone reading this newsgroup who's too
ignorant to go to eBay and search for whatever they're interested in, or
just browse.

I certainly don't mind the occasional FS post, especially from a regular, or
a WTB, WTT, etc. That's all in the spirit of groups like this. (Come to
mention it, I'm still looking for a working S-meter for a Hallicrafters
SX-28, hint hint.)

Like you, I have found this group a great source of information over the
years. I still wish the signal-to-noise ratio could get back to where it
once was.

Anyway, that's life in an unmoderated newsgroup, as YT noted. I guess I
should be grateful there's not more SPAM here for junk jewelry, fat-burning
potions, and erectile dysfunction pills.

Regards,

Phil "no more whining, at least for today" Nelson