Old May 6th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
KA3ARF

Default Namibia - V51AS QSL

I sent two or three QSLs direct and received replies via the buro. I can
only think of three reasons why this happened.

1. I sent one instead of two dollars to cover return postage.
2. Since his QSL card is oversized, the s.a.s.e. I sent was too small.
3. And I really hate to say this - he replied via the buro and pocketed the
cash.

This isn't the only station I've seen do this. Has anyone else had a similar
experience with this station?
I just recently sent a QSL to confirm an 80 meter QSO.

KA3ARF - Marc

"Pat Whelton" wrote in message
ink.net...
Anyone know the secret to getting a card from V51AS? I worked this guy on
40 meters in February of 2004, 2005 and 2006. I've sent cards via the
bureau, via WF5E and direct with green stamps. I have yet to receive a
card
back. I've heard the Postal System in Namibia is known for pilfering the
mails. Can Certified Mail be sent overseas? If you have Frank's card how
did you do it?