Old May 8th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Steve N.

Default "interesting" antenna design

wrote in message ...
I just think the great stories of rain gutters, chimneys, fire escapes,
etc. reflect the spirit of individual experimentation that, to me, is
the heart of ham radio. Maybe not the brain, but the heart.

You must love Kurt N. Sterba's tales of using bedsprings,
ladders, and garbage cans for antennas.

And don't forget the (QST?) pictures of "car antennas" several years
ago: two cars sitting almost bumper-to-bumper and fed with coax as a
very-low dipole at the almost-touching bumpers. Truly a "car antenna"
(but not very mobile)!

--Myron A. Calhoun.

Now THAT one I haven't seen.

HOWEVER, I DO have a picture (Dad's) of two hams and their cars side by
side. W9SH and W9IT

Of course they had call plates! What'd you expect! Ya think QST'd print it
????

73, Steve, K9DCI