Old May 9th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
RHF

Default AM/MW Loop Antenna - Inductive Coupling -vice- Resistor Spoiler

Switcher,

For most applications using "Receive Only" Matching
Transformers (MT) the Idea is to step down the Voltage.
If the Antenna-Side of the MT has a Voltage difference
of 0.9uv (Weak Signal) to 180uv (Strong Signal) and the
Receiver-Side of the MT would have a Voltage difference
of 0.3uv to 60uv which most Receivers could better
handle.

It is my simple understanding the two things that we
wish to accomplish with the Receiver-Side of the
Matching Transformer is to Match the Impedance
of the Receiver's Antenna Input for the Range of
Frequencies we hope to hear and to adjust the RF
Signal 'differential' to better match the Limits of the
Dynamic Range of the Receiver's Circuitry.

someone correct me if i am wrong - iane ~ RHF