Old May 8th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
switcher

Default AM/MW Loop Antenna - Inductive Coupling -vice- Resistor Spoiler

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

AM/MW LOOP ANTENNA COUPLING :
* The Coil of the external AM/MW Loop Antenna
is an Inductor {RF Transformer Coil}
* The Coil of the Radio's internal AM/MW Antenna
is an Inductor {RF Transformer Coil}
* Together the Two Coils form an RF Transformer
Moving the Two Coils and changing their relationship
to each other varies the "Coupling" between them.

Nice reasoning, but:

When coil A - ant has 5 turns, and coil B - radio has 5 turns, the
voltage (or so) is the same.

When we now double A / or B, the voltage should vary for the same
amount, I learned.... so you can make the sig higher ???

In my physics book (Halliday/Resnick Fundamentals of Physics), p 445 -
transformers it says:
N1 / V1 = N2 / V2

would it be possible to double the number of turns on B (which is
sometimes easier ... space requirements) ??? That would lead to double
V2 and higher sig ... ???

Of course, problem remains ... resonance. You can't add tunrs to A, or
you loose resonance ... Adding turns to A means .. making it smaller
.... to have the same resonance properties ...

--
een appeltje te schillen met http://applefaulty.be
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/bwnl.htm
Old May 9th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
RHF

Switcher,

For most applications using "Receive Only" Matching
Transformers (MT) the Idea is to step down the Voltage.
If the Antenna-Side of the MT has a Voltage difference
of 0.9uv (Weak Signal) to 180uv (Strong Signal) and the
Receiver-Side of the MT would have a Voltage difference
of 0.3uv to 60uv which most Receivers could better
handle.

It is my simple understanding the two things that we
wish to accomplish with the Receiver-Side of the
Matching Transformer is to Match the Impedance
of the Receiver's Antenna Input for the Range of
Frequencies we hope to hear and to adjust the RF
Signal 'differential' to better match the Limits of the
Dynamic Range of the Receiver's Circuitry.

someone correct me if i am wrong - iane ~ RHF