Old May 11th 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Namibia - V51AS QSL

Pat Whelton wrote:
Anyone know the secret to getting a card from V51AS?

I worked him in '99, got a card direct in 5 weeks.

Someone else mentioned the golden rules for this sort of
QSLing; no callsigns on the envelope, and include enough
in the way of return postage that you're not asking the
other guy to lose money by QSLing. Back when I was
actively QSLing, I usually sent two "green stamps" for
something like V5, or maybe three for a DXpedition,
AND a SASE if that was possible.

I used to use some outdated envelopes from work that
were to be thrown away; neatly laser-printed with a
printed sheet (old tax forms, printouts from a website,
page from a catalog, ANYTHING) wrapped around the QSL
and SASE and green stamps--so anybody trying to read
through the envelope saw something that had NOTHING
to do with radio. :-)

Things may be worse in V5 these days--hope your luck
changes soon! :-)

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD ken . kuzenski at duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see? www.duke.edu/~kuzen001