Old May 11th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
PowerHouse Communications

Default Bearcat 800xlt - what type of connector for the external antenna connector

"John" wrote in message
The 800xlt has a female connector on the back that is labeled "ext ant" -
that is about 3/8 " diameter and about 3/4" deep with a center hole about
1/8" diameter. Looks like it would take some sort of friction fit male
connector.

I can't seem to find exactly what kind of connector this is or what will

fit
this. I have a scanner antenna that has the connector cut off the end of
the cable - looks like the cable is RG-58 or close to that - with the
braided metal and a center solid wire. I went to Radio Shack with the
scanner - everyone scratched their head - one guy said he thinks it's a
"motorola" connector ??

Anybody know the name of this type of connector?

Answered in ALT.RADIO.SCANNER

Might be wise to "cross-post" in the future, as opposed to posting
separately in each group..