Old May 15th 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore

Default 100 Ohm Twin Lead

Buck wrote:
Is this a single band or multiband antenna? If I recall correctly,
you can use a different impedance feedline if it is a multiple of a
half wave. At the half wave points, the impedance is the same as the
beginning of the feed.

i.e. at the antenna. You're right, neglecting losses, the antenna
impedance is repeated every half wavelength. Neglecting losses,
that 100 ohm antenna feedpoint impedance will be repeated at half-
wavelength intervals for *any* feedline Z0, including 50 ohm coax.

Cecil or others here will correct the length error if I am incorrect.
But I learned about a year ago that the impedance can be corrected by
the multi-fraction length feedline of a different impedance.

Maybe this is the principal of Cecil's feedline matching system.

The principal of the feedline matching system that I use is that
every SWR circle crosses the purely low resistive point at a
current maximum point. For dipoles that are 1/2WL on the lowest
frequency of operation, the current maximum point is the ideal
point at which to feed the antenna system. Adjust the length of
the feedline until the current maximum point is at the transmitter
and you will usually not need a tuner at all.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp