Old May 22nd 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

Default Will This _____________ Work As A Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna ?

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

Telamon,

An old Metal Coat Hanger (MCH) attached to a Receiver or Radio's Whip
Antenna will function as an Antenna of sorts. * Maybe not a great
performing Antenna but an Antenna never the less. * Not a very
Scientific Antenna -but- a Workable Antenna It Is ! * Why use a MCH
as an Antenna - When There Are Slinkys )

Snip

This is not meant as a criticism of your antenna concept but the two
elements would tend to have the same voltage on both elements and not
generate much at the antenna output.

At least you are thinking about antenna possibilities. To bad we are so
far apart because verbal discussions about the subject can be fun when
you kick ideas around.

It would be big but I wonder if someone has attempted a short helix
antenna for short wave say about 3 turns worth; and how well it worked
for them.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California