Old May 25th 06, 10:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Caveat Lector

Default Is 6M open?

"N1KI" wrote in message
On Thu, 25 May 2006 11:27:23 -0500, Radio TexMex
wrote:

I don't have 6 meter capability yet but look forward to it. I've been
keeping an eye on the spot stats graph on http://propagation.hfradio.org/
and lately its been show A LOT of 6 meter activity. I was just wondering
if
this chart reflects real world activity. Has anybody seen any kinds of 6
meter openings lately? If so, any DX?

- Matt

6 meters is always open if you use WSJT for meteor scatter. I have
been hearing e's openings here in EM75wx on most evenings. Signals
tend to be weak, but my antenna is not very high.

Although openings can occur just about anytime, May, June, and July are big
openings for sporadic E propagation
See URL:
http://home.swbell.net/pjdyer/cq/cq7208a.htm

One can work all 50 US Staes during these seasonal openings - A vertical and
100 Watts will do ya

It is starting up for this season. Have fun