Old May 26th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default Brainteaser

"Roy Lewallen" wrote

Yep, you don't have to mess with those pesky reflections when the

line
is terminated in a load equal to its characteristic impedance. Then

the
problem reduces to the trivial one you've posed. Simple problem,

simple
solution.

As I say, I've lost the original question.

But if a steady-state answer is needed for the original question then
the answer can be found by the same simple means without the
unnecessary complication of reflections.

It's the Devil which makes Cecil pose such loaded questions.
----
Reg.