Old May 29th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gwatts

Default TS520 dismantling....

Andrew VK3BFA wrote:
Yes, I know this is homebrew and not equipment - my theory is people
who build also reapir/modify. (Thankfully, not all radios are menu
driven YET.....)

Fixing a TS520 Kenwood for a friend - the 160m coil wont tune on
receive alignment

Be sure you really need to get that board out, I had an 820 that had the
same symptom on 40m and the real problem was a dirty switch contact.

Also be sure to check all the solder joints and all the grounds,
especially grounds via mounting hardware, that's not a young radio you
have there.

Of course, if you've tried all that all I have to add is
Good luck!
Galen, W8LNA