Old May 31st 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Too_Many_Tools

Default Eton E-10 Shortwave Radio at Radio Shack

Thanks for the links.

I had seen the Eham.net review but did not know it was a rebadged
Tecsun.

And for what it is worth, the E10 is $49.97 at Radio Shack.

From what I see, the radio looks to be a rather good performer.

So for $50 and the positive reviews, it would seem that the radio is a
good buy.

So why all the negative press?

Bitter grapes resulting from the demise of the amateur radio industry
in the US and the rise of the competition in China?

TMT

Charly wrote:
Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Does anyone have any reviews on this radio?

I have seen some negative comments on it but the word around Radio
Shack was it was a good radio and it FLEW off the shelves at the
closeout price.

If it was a bad radio, it would still be there.

Thanks

TMT

Just try this : http://www.google.fr/search?q=eton+e10+review

One end user review here :
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5100

The Eton E10 is a rebadged PL550 Tecsun Radio :
http://www.radiointel.com/review-pl550.htm

Eton price : 100 US$
Tecsun price : 50 US$ off eBay + shipping (can be 25 US$ !)

For the same price you can also consider buying the Degen 1103 or 1102 that are
said to be good performers. I found on eBay today a DE1102 with a free SW active
antenna DE31... Can be a good deal for that price...

Just my 2 cents,

Charly
(I have no interrest nor link or whatsoever with the above companies)