Old June 7th 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default The Armed Forces Radio Revolution - Changes at the American Forces Network (or AFN) and American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS)

Miso,

"and many were turned off by the strident anti-war
attitudes found on many NPR shows."
- - - This Is Not My Opinion - - -
And I do in-fact Listen to NPR and think for the most
part that it is reasonably balanced.

Here is My Opinion - Often NPR comes across as
being Tilted to the Left. Frequently as I Listen to an
NPR Program the Guest Panel would have three
members - two liberals and one moderate -vice- a
more Balance Panel of a Liberal + a Moderate +
a Conservative. {my opinion ~ RHF}

Think About the Military Service Member
the Target Listener of AFN and AFRTS :
I can see that anyone in the Military who is out-there
actually fighting the War-on-Terror would be sensitive
to anything 'anti-war' and thus anything that was 'anti'
whatever they were personally doing.

Reporting-the-Facts :
What the reporter wrote -one assumes- is what he
heard from Members of the Military In-Country who
'feel' NPR has more positive Anti-War Air Time then
it has Pro-War-on-Terror Air Time. NPR via AFN
and AFRTS should Speak-to-the-Troops and not
Lecture them about the In-Justice of their Service
and the Wrongness of their Fight in the War-on-Terror.

The Role of VOA is "NOT" to be a Propaganda Tool of
the US Government to the American People -but- To Get
America's Message Out to the Peoples of the World .

The Role of AFN & AFTRS "IS" to be a Propaganda Tool
of the US Government to the American Military Services
and to help Maintain and Improve Troop Moral and the
Fighting Readiness of the American Military.

so say i - my opinions stated as facts ~ RHF