Old June 7th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Stephanie Weil

Default The Armed Forces Radio Revolution - Chages at the American Forces Network (or AFN) and American Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS)

wrote:

You clearly don't listen to NPR. Not only is it fair and balanced, but
they treat the war dead with respect.

I do listen to NPR quite a bit. Actually my "spouting bull into a
tin-horn" wasn't in reference to the NPR shows that are rebroadcast
over AFRTS.

It was more in reference to the conservative windbags like Ol' Rushbo
and Laura Sleazeinger, whose shows are carried on AFRTS. "Honest news"
was a nod to NPR, as a matter of fact. Apoligies if you misread.

The AFN shortwave sounds very good. As I've mentioned before, the
sideband sounds to me like it is wider than your run of the mill
communication sideband. I generally use a 4Khz filter on AFN.

Hopefully I'll get to hear it soon. Some of the shows I'm looking at
on the run-down sound like stuff I'd like to listen to - and what's
better than to have them all on ONE station?

--
Steph