Old June 7th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

Default Bose Wave Radio - What's Your Opinion ?

I've got the Receptor radio.........not the HD one from Boston Acoustics.
With the internal antenna, it is just ok on AM, but when you hook up
something like the Radio Shack loop antenna directly to the external antenna
terminals it comes to life.

Pete

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

David wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 05:44:18 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Overpriced for what it is and I find the audio overemphasizes bass to
the point it loses clarity. It will sell well in gadget filled stores
like Brookstone and Sharper Image.

Simpler radios like the Boston Acoustics, Sangean and Tivoli have
decent sound and do a good job tuning strong stations on FM and AM but
they are not weak signal radios.

Don't have a Sangean table radio but my BA and my Tivoli both kick ass
on FM.

For some reason the AM tuners on the little tabletops like those that I
tried was just adequate in performance. But that goes with the
unfortunate trend in de-emphasizing AM performance in many radios I'm
afraid.