Old June 7th 06, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Default Bose Wave Radio - What's Your Opinion ?

Overpriced for what it is and I find the audio overemphasizes bass to
the point it loses clarity. It will sell well in gadget filled stores
like Brookstone and Sharper Image.

Simpler radios like the Boston Acoustics, Sangean and Tivoli have
decent sound and do a good job tuning strong stations on FM and AM but
they are not weak signal radios.

RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Bose Wave Radio - What's Your Opinion ?
http://www.bose.com/controller?event...318&src=k15318
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-wG6xjBK...o&i=018WRCD2GG
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca.../sku__JS314GPH

QUESTION - Is there an AM / FM Radio and CD Player {Combo}
out there like the Bose Wave Radio that Sounds 'Super' Good
and has a Real "Quality" AM and FM Radio TUNER ?

I had the use of a Bose Wave Radio for a while
* Great Sounding CD Player
* Lousy AM/FM Radio Tuner

the-bottom-line - decided not to buy one ~ RHF
.
.
- - - wrote:
- - - I want to buy a Bose radio,but I think they are
- - - wayyyy too high priced,too much money for
- - - the amount of bread.I am now thinking about
- - - buying a Tivoli radio,but I haven't decided on
- - - which model I want to buy yet.
- - - Lots O' thangys I want to buy.
- - - cuhulin
.
.
. .

Old June 7th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On 7 Jun 2006 05:44:18 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Overpriced for what it is and I find the audio overemphasizes bass to
the point it loses clarity. It will sell well in gadget filled stores
like Brookstone and Sharper Image.

Simpler radios like the Boston Acoustics, Sangean and Tivoli have
decent sound and do a good job tuning strong stations on FM and AM but
they are not weak signal radios.

Don't have a Sangean table radio but my BA and my Tivoli both kick ass
on FM.

Old June 7th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

David wrote:
On 7 Jun 2006 05:44:18 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Overpriced for what it is and I find the audio overemphasizes bass to
the point it loses clarity. It will sell well in gadget filled stores
like Brookstone and Sharper Image.

Simpler radios like the Boston Acoustics, Sangean and Tivoli have
decent sound and do a good job tuning strong stations on FM and AM but
they are not weak signal radios.

Don't have a Sangean table radio but my BA and my Tivoli both kick ass
on FM.

For some reason the AM tuners on the little tabletops like those that I
tried was just adequate in performance. But that goes with the
unfortunate trend in de-emphasizing AM performance in many radios I'm
afraid.

Old June 7th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Pete KE9OA

I've got the Receptor radio.........not the HD one from Boston Acoustics.
With the internal antenna, it is just ok on AM, but when you hook up
something like the Radio Shack loop antenna directly to the external antenna
terminals it comes to life.

Pete

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Old June 7th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

John S.,

Haven't found a so-called High End 'Quality' Sound Radio
with a good AM Radio Tuner and I have bought and give
away or returned several to date.
* Tivoli Model One
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/1969.html
* Sangean Wood Radio - WR1
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/4394.html
* Bose Wave Radio
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/ca.../sku__JS314GPH

CURRENTLY - I am using a Cambridge SoundWorks # 740 Radio CD
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3656992
* CD Sounds Good
* FM Radio Tuner works OK with an out-side Antenna
* AM Radio Tuner is lousy even with an out-side Antenna
Even down in the SF Bay Area the AM Tuner is a 'pos'

BAD "LOUSY" AM RADIO TUNERS :
At best the all the AM Radio Tuners are poor in my opinion;
while the FM Radio Tuners are usually very good for Local
FM and FM-Stereo Radio reception.

NEED - A Table Top AM / FM Radio with CD Player that :
# 1 - 'looks nice' and can not be complicated
# 2 - "Sounds Great"
# 3 - Has a very Good AM and FM Radio Tuner
For the Kitchen Radio in Twain Harte, CA.

NOTE - These Radios do not 'qualify' {Looks} :
* GE SuperRadio III
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/0547.html
* CC Radio Plus
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...alty/4403.html
* Etón S350 DL Deluxe
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0036.html
* Eton E1 AM/FM/SW/XM Radio
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0101.html
* Grundig Satellit 800
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0800.html

whats you opinion as to a good table radio ? ~ RHF
.
.
.. .

John S. wrote:
Overpriced for what it is and I find the audio overemphasizes bass to
the point it loses clarity. It will sell well in gadget filled stores
like Brookstone and Sharper Image.

Simpler radios like the Boston Acoustics, Sangean and Tivoli have
decent sound and do a good job tuning strong stations on FM and AM but
they are not weak signal radios.

For One and All,

Old June 7th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Pete [KE9OA] - Thanks for the Input ~ RHF

Have yet to check-ou the Boston Acoustics Receptor Radio.

However this Kitchen Radio needs to have a built in CD.
Old June 7th 06, 10:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

David,

At best the Tivoli has a fair AM Radio Tuner in my opinion;
while the FM Radio Tuner is very good for Local FM and
FM-Stereo Radio reception - IMHO.

I have not tried the BA Receptor yet . . . ~ RHF
Old June 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About two or three years ago,I saw a Cambridge radio on the radio
display shelves at a Wal Mart store.I dont remember the price,but I
think it wasen't much over $200.00.I plugged it in one of those shelf
electrical outlets some of those other radios were plugged in and
working/playing.The Cambridge radio wouldn't turn on,I tried all of the
buttons/switches on that Cambridge radio,it wouldn't say a thing,no
sound,no nothing.
cuhulin