Old June 7th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
aezael

Default Beware of Crane Radio

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 06:35:28 -0500, James Douglas
wrote:

AEZAEL wrote:
I bought a Sangean ATS909 from them and stored it after trying it out,
after 9 months I put a full set of batteries in it and it would not
work at all. Sent it back to Crane and was charged $ 37.00 and I
was sent a different radio, ( I know because I had marked the case
slightly} I tested it again and every thing worked fine.
After 1 year I again tried the radio with new batteries and guess
what ? the radio did not work properly, the sound was very distorted
and when I talked to the people at Crane I was told it would cost at
least $ 89.00 for a new speaker this for a radio that cost #289.00.
I checked the radio out with earphones and the sound was fine
so I am hedging my bets and packing the radio with a good set of
headphones.

Sounds strange to me, buy something try it, put it away for a year
and try again and bitches that it does not work? Crane Radio does
not make the Sangean ATS909 they are only the seller? What am I
missing here?

I am aezael and to clarify the problem, I bought the radio for a
special use, IE in case of emergencies. After I checked out the unit
I stored it without batteries in a aluminum case along with other
supplies and a solar battery charger.
I usually remove all outdated supplies once a year and for your
information I also have one of the cheap short wave radios that
use solar,batteries and a crank generator and that one works
fine.