Old June 9th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Mark Zenier

Default newbie needs help erecting an antenna near Youngstown, Ohio

In article ,
Bob Miller wrote:
On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 23:11:13 -0500, JDL wrote:

Thanks for the info.. Any particular guage of wire? Also, could I buy
some sort of connector to be able to plug the wire into the antenna jack
on the 505 Sangean? Or should I just use an alligator clip?

12, 14 or 16 guage would be the most common at the hardware store. Any
would work; the 12 guage is the biggest and most noticeable, if that's
a factor.

Small (24?) guage doorbell wire should work fine, and be a whole lot
cheaper. (And if you get a color that matches the surroundings, it
"disappears").

Mark Zenier