Old June 13th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
DrDeath

Default (OT) Stevens: Let Satellite Screw Up HDTV,Too

wrote in message
oups.com...

What the heck are you talking about??!! I currently have a Philips
HDTV and am using an outdoor antenna with rotor. I not only get
perfect reception of the local channels, but depending on the weather,
get several channels from Sacramento, about 180 miles north of me.
Sacramento HDTV stations come in often during morning and evening,
usually the SAME times the analog signals from Sacramento also come in.
The difference is the analog signal will be weak and snowy and the
digital signal is perfect. I also have gotten perfect reception from
stations in Bakersfield (100 miles south of me), Salinas (100+ miles
northwest of me), and even from San Francisco, nearly 200 miles from
me. NEVER a problem with ALL the local channels.

The problem now is that many of the stations broadcasting in HDTV are
using LOW power and will switch to their regular power at a later date.
An engineer from a station in San Louis Obispo (100+ miles from me)
told me that I should get channel 6 in HDTV once they increase to full
power later this year, and that their HDTV signal will actually work
farther than their analog signal.

I have a 57" Phillips HDTV also. Never tried it with an outdoor antenna.
Direct tv offers my local channels (mostly in HDTV) on my dish and I get
fantastic reception. I have an antenna on the roof, but it's not designed
for HDTV, so I cannot give a fair evaluation of how well it does or doesn't
work.