Old June 12th 06, 06:51 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Mr Tushyclean

Default (OT) Stevens: Let Satellite Screw Up HDTV,Too

wrote in message
The article is at todays www.tvpredictions.com

Folks,I hope this isn't wayyyyy too off topic.I haven't seen an HDTV
movie yet.So,why has there been at least two articles at
tvpredictions.com about Satellite and Cable tv providers messing up
HDTV? I dont know,maybe it's sort of like kind of like Payola,or,Follow
The Money.I know this much though,if I want HDTV,I want the 100 percent
full flammotion HDTV.
cuhulin

I am looking forward to 2008 when Analog TV transmission
is phased out and half (..or more) of the TV sets in the USA
suddenly become useless overnight.

I can just see the rioting in the streets in the 'low income'
parts of town when Tyrone, Mustafsa and Kwang Bok
TV don't work and all the men come home from work and
seein they can't watch Springer or NFL they will all
start to beat their wives and 4 feral children senseless....

Should be GREAT FUN !!!!!

----------

"..Wha-thefaaack?? Mah motha-****kin teevee aint
workin gaaawd dammit! (Colt 45 malt likker glass crashing on wall)
Dammit woman you been fookin wit thegoddammed
teevee aging gaaaaawd dammmmmit sheeeeetttt!!!???"

Old June 12th 06, 07:27 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
george conklin

"Mr Tushyclean" wrote in message
groups.com...

wrote in message
The article is at todays www.tvpredictions.com

Folks,I hope this isn't wayyyyy too off topic.I haven't seen an HDTV
movie yet.So,why has there been at least two articles at
tvpredictions.com about Satellite and Cable tv providers messing up
HDTV? I dont know,maybe it's sort of like kind of like Payola,or,Follow
The Money.I know this much though,if I want HDTV,I want the 100 percent
full flammotion HDTV.
cuhulin

I am looking forward to 2008 when Analog TV transmission
is phased out and half (..or more) of the TV sets in the USA
suddenly become useless overnight.

Even if you have a digital tuner, you are going to find that in urban
areas even within sight of the tower, you are going to have a horrible time
getting OTA digital reception, even with an outside antenna, like in 1948,
but worse. I've been there, done that, and it is a glorious mess until you
change your shoes, soak the antenna in salt water, and find out when your
wife walks around upstairs the signal will pixilate.

I can just see the rioting in the streets in the 'low income'
parts of town when Tyrone, Mustafsa and Kwang Bok
TV don't work and all the men come home from work and
seein they can't watch Springer or NFL they will all
start to beat their wives and 4 feral children senseless....

Should be GREAT FUN !!!!!

It is not going to be a good scene when they find the converters don't
work.

Old June 12th 06, 07:46 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Bill Cohn

wrote in message
[...]

You obviously have not seen the 5th generation 8-VSB chip set receivers.
They perform quite well under multi-path conditions. The condition you
are referring to is a thing of the past. It has been corrected.

I have seen new receivers work with as little as a paper clip as an
antenna and they perform quite well under strong multi-path

Regards,

Bill - N9MHT
Old June 12th 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:51:58 -0400, "Mr Tushyclean"
wrote:

I am looking forward to 2008 when Analog TV transmission
is phased out

Feb 2009

Old June 12th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Steven

wrote:

I am looking forward to 2008 when Analog TV transmission
is phased out

Feb 2009

You're discouraging him : p

Old June 13th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave

george conklin wrote:
Even if you have a digital tuner, you are going to find that in urban
areas even within sight of the tower, you are going to have a horrible time
getting OTA digital reception, even with an outside antenna, like in 1948,
but worse.

What the heck are you talking about??!! I currently have a Philips
HDTV and am using an outdoor antenna with rotor. I not only get
perfect reception of the local channels, but depending on the weather,
get several channels from Sacramento, about 180 miles north of me.
Sacramento HDTV stations come in often during morning and evening,
usually the SAME times the analog signals from Sacramento also come in.
The difference is the analog signal will be weak and snowy and the
digital signal is perfect. I also have gotten perfect reception from
stations in Bakersfield (100 miles south of me), Salinas (100+ miles
northwest of me), and even from San Francisco, nearly 200 miles from
me. NEVER a problem with ALL the local channels.

The problem now is that many of the stations broadcasting in HDTV are
using LOW power and will switch to their regular power at a later date.
An engineer from a station in San Louis Obispo (100+ miles from me)
told me that I should get channel 6 in HDTV once they increase to full
power later this year, and that their HDTV signal will actually work
farther than their analog signal.

Old June 13th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
DrDeath

wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

I have a 57" Phillips HDTV also. Never tried it with an outdoor antenna.
Direct tv offers my local channels (mostly in HDTV) on my dish and I get
fantastic reception. I have an antenna on the roof, but it's not designed
for HDTV, so I cannot give a fair evaluation of how well it does or doesn't
work.

Old June 13th 06, 07:03 AM posted to alt.fan.art-bell,rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Steven

DrDeath wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

bunkum

If your signal is strong enough, the aerial on your roof should get it
V or UHF. Some of those goofy antennas were for DX and they cost enough
to design I guess so maybe they should to recoup the ching. I don't
know about line amps and signals though. If you are in 5-10 miles of
the tower, I would dare to try a 6 ft speaker wire or a butterfly or
loop from the dollar store just for play. More than 30 miles out--stick
to the cable. It can get variable enough not to be worth it. My station
can't even send an STL from a digital source to the analog UHF signal
they use to tease for the second SD channel. Block party?

Try the cheap antenna (once you've found where digital channel 7.2 is,
in my instance. On UHF 2? in my case. You may be surprised.

'ot' : Hello ! - XM Satellite Radio Canada - Is It the Same as in the USA ? ? ? RHF Shortwave 0 December 1st 05 09:53 AM
Satellite radio growth projections stir concern Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 February 21st 05 07:38 PM
Satellite Radio Questions SR Shortwave 2 October 22nd 04 03:40 PM
US satellite radio - defection to satellite radio may elevate medium Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 12th 04 03:29 AM
US satellite radio pins hopes on women, cars Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 October 12th 04 03:29 AM