Old June 16th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Tom Donaly

Default Noise level between two ant types

Cecil Moore wrote:

Gene Fuller wrote:

Voltage is often poorly defined since it requires a reference.

Yes, and the web page reference provided a well defined
reference between two electrodes with known capacitance.
There is *always* a relationship between electric field
strength and voltage. I disagree that they are unrelated
as you implied.

I don't see how ionization could occur at
zero volts which you seem to imply is a possibility.

Huh?? Did I say that?

No, but you implied it when you said "ionization threshold
has *nothing* to do with voltage". Nothing is zero so you
implied an ionization threshold is completely unrelated and
independent of volts. Do you want to amend that statement?
Maybe: "The relationship between field strength and voltage
is sometimes difficult to determine."?

If I remember right, your "Dr. Static" thought that you can't
have a voltage without the presence of a conductor. You ought to
read what these guys write before you quote them.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH