Old June 17th 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jerry Martes

Default Antenna Drawings

"Chris W" wrote in message
Jerry Martes wrote:
"Chris W" wrote in message

It has been my experience that most people that are sharing their antenna
designs on a web site have very bad drawings of those antennas so bad
that it is hard to determine how to build them. Well I would like to
help change that. If anyone here is actively maintaining a web site with
antenna designs and would like better drawings, please let me know. I
will draw them in 3D and give you the 3D model to put on your web site
along with screen shots and or PDF drawings of the 3D model. For web site
visitors to view the 3D model they have to download and install the free
viewer and download the model. The viewer does work as a plug in to IE
but it's not very easy to use that way.

--
Chris W
KE5GIX

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
One stop wish list for any gift,
from anywhere, for any occasion!
http://thewishzone.com

Hi Chris

I just finished designing an antenna that I'm in the process of trying
to describe on a web site. The antenna isnt of much value to most HAMs.
I made it for receiving weather satellites (NOAA). I have a buddy in
Finland who is helping me display the concept on his web site so anyone
with an interest in weather satellite images can build their own
hemispheric coverage antenna.
My buddy in Finland puts everything I send him on the web. So, this
site may be confusing. But, the general idea of what I'm trying to make
clean and clear is at http://213.250.83.83/~jerry/index.html.

How do I get an idea of the cost?

I don't really care what the antennas are for as long as it is a community
share type project and not something you are only going to sell plans for.
As long as I don't get to many requests, I'll draw it up for free. In
return I'm hoping some of you guys out there who know antenna design can
help me with some antenna designs. Right now I am trying to figure out a
good design for a LEO Satellite Phone that has a frequency range of
1616-1626.5Mhz.

Hi Chris

The antenna I want to describe was designed for LEO polar orbiting NOAA
satellites. It works well at 137 MHz. It is sensitive to RHCP thruout the
hemisphere, so I suppose it would be an excellant design for 1.6 GHz LEO
satellites. But, with 3 inch dipoles, it would be relatively difficult to
construct.
I dont have any test equipment for anything over 400 MHz. If I could do
any measurements at 1.6 GHz, I'd try to build a prototype 1.6 MHz version of
this "Double Cross" antenna.

Jerry KD6JDJ