Old October 6th 03, 06:16 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:40:27 GMT, Walter Maxwell wrote:

This concept is foreign to me, so if I'm wrong I'd like to have some proof that
the source impedance can have any influence on SWR.

Walt

Hi Walt,

I have not seen any correspondence from you. However, as to proof,
that has been tendered to you, you simply lack the facilities to test
it at this time. That much has already been established and further
elaboration is unnecessary. Debate can continue without resolution, a
simple hour's work at the bench can put the cap to it.

My data stands un-refuted (barring the usual cackle of nay-saying
sneer review), and even more, without test at ANY other bench. I can
only conclude that:
1.) My data is bullet-proof;
2.) others lack the ability to perform the task;
3.) 1&2 above, but narcissistic debate is the real focus of critics.

The triumph of the nay-sayers is in my admission that I know that I am
in error. They undoubtedly grasp that statement as the chalice of
their noble musings leaving them undisturbed to step up to the bench.
It also is revealed in their piteous cries of the calamity of Amateur
Radio's future that awaits us. This last comes as no surprise to the
rising tide in the kulture of institutionalized ignorance where the
supreme technical achievement is enacted by pushing a credit card
across the display case.

I am bound to be in error through my own admission, but my admission
comes with a bounds of accuracy. To others here, my error is absolute
and demonstration to attest that is unnecessary. This unsullied
nobility is then undercut by the jejune debate they indulge in over
issues of a philosophical nature - actually a mystical assignation
with metaphysics.

I suppose I frustrate many because I am not afraid to be wrong. The
frustration is often railed in terms of my style (their being
outgunned on two fronts) and compounded by their inertia for doing
simple things well (the loss of yet another, third front). You guys
need more threads devoted to the definition of weight so you can
devastate the farmer's mud-logic. ;-)

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC