Old July 8th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
awa radiola awa radiola is offline

Default New to shortwave

I am on the east coast of Australia too and I find a 18 to 20 foot long wire
antenna strung between two poles with insulators works well. I have a sony
icf 6717 recevier i find this one is great dont know about sangean
Cheers
"Merlin3rd" wrote in message
ps.com...
Don't waste your money the hobby is dead. Take up knitting.
kong1932 wrote:
Hi, I am seriously considering buying a shortwave receiver, and I want
to know what exactly I would find on the air on the east coast of
Australia, and how well the Sangean ATS-505 Shortwave Receiver
performs. What antenna would I need for this receiver as well?