Old July 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. B. Wood J. B. Wood is offline

Default EZNEC Question

In article , jawod wrote:

Roy,

I just wanted to butt in to say that your EZNEC is a fine program. Just
started playing with it (ARRL version). Very user friendly...and your
"test drive" is phenomenal.

I must say, since I left ham radio back in the late 70's, I am very
surprised that antenna modeling is within the reach of someone of
limited technical background like me.

Great job!
You've done a lot for my "new" favorite hobby.

Thanks!

John
AB8WH

PS, I will be purchasing the full program.

Hello, and as long as kudos are being handed out I thought I'd jump in and
say that while programs like EZNEC add some user-friendliness and
graphical capability they rely on the NEC (usually NEC-2) engine. For
NEC-1, NEC-2 and NEC-4 Gerald Burke and others at the Lawrence Livermore
Lab deserve a lion's share of credit for drafting user documentation,
correcting bugs and enhancing code that was originally done in the early
'70s by MBAssociates for the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Just a
bit of NEC history. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337