Old July 9th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default EZNEC Question

Is there an upper frequency limit that EZNEC can calculate with? If so,
how high can one go? Will it do reasonably well up to say 902 MHz?

Scott
N0EDV
Old July 9th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

No, there's no upper or lower frequency limit.

However, EZNEC results are only as good as the model. As frequency
increases it's increasingly difficult to make a model which adequately
imitates the real antenna.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old July 9th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Scott wrote:

Is there an upper frequency limit that EZNEC can calculate with? If
so, how high can one go? Will it do reasonably well up to say 902 MHz?

Scott
N0EDV

Roy,

I just wanted to butt in to say that your EZNEC is a fine program. Just
started playing with it (ARRL version). Very user friendly...and your
"test drive" is phenomenal.

I must say, since I left ham radio back in the late 70's, I am very
surprised that antenna modeling is within the reach of someone of
limited technical background like me.

Great job!
You've done a lot for my "new" favorite hobby.

Thanks!

John
AB8WH

PS, I will be purchasing the full program.
Old July 9th 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

jawod wrote:
I just wanted to butt in to say that your EZNEC is a fine program.

ELNEC and EZNEC are two of my Elmers. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp
Old July 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article , jawod wrote:

Roy,

I just wanted to butt in to say that your EZNEC is a fine program. Just
started playing with it (ARRL version). Very user friendly...and your
"test drive" is phenomenal.

I must say, since I left ham radio back in the late 70's, I am very
surprised that antenna modeling is within the reach of someone of
limited technical background like me.

Great job!
You've done a lot for my "new" favorite hobby.

Thanks!

John
AB8WH

PS, I will be purchasing the full program.

Hello, and as long as kudos are being handed out I thought I'd jump in and
say that while programs like EZNEC add some user-friendliness and
graphical capability they rely on the NEC (usually NEC-2) engine. For
NEC-1, NEC-2 and NEC-4 Gerald Burke and others at the Lawrence Livermore
Lab deserve a lion's share of credit for drafting user documentation,
correcting bugs and enhancing code that was originally done in the early
'70s by MBAssociates for the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Just a
bit of NEC history. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337

Old July 12th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

J. B. Wood wrote:

Hello, and as long as kudos are being handed out I thought I'd jump in and
say that while programs like EZNEC add some user-friendliness and
graphical capability they rely on the NEC (usually NEC-2) engine. For
NEC-1, NEC-2 and NEC-4 Gerald Burke and others at the Lawrence Livermore
Lab deserve a lion's share of credit for drafting user documentation,
correcting bugs and enhancing code that was originally done in the early
'70s by MBAssociates for the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL). Just a
bit of NEC history. Sincerely, and 73s from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337

I absolutely and enthusiastically second that. My contribution has been
almost solely an interface (although at around 60,000 lines of code it's
not completely trivial). The underlying code was the work of a number of
very savvy people, including Dr. Burke who still supports it as time
permits. EZNEC would not have been possible without those people's
extensive, painstaking, and superbly documented work.

Many other people have given a good deal of time in aiding with the
development of EZNEC. I encourage all EZNEC users to read the
"Acknowledgements" section in the "Introduction" chapter of the EZNEC
manual.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old July 12th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:26:07 -0700, Roy Lewallen
wrote:

J. B. Wood wrote:

[...]

Roy fails to mention that he recently discovered a bug in the NEC code
which he passed on to Gerald Burke at LLB. I suggest that Roy is also
envolved more than just providing an interface for running the NEC
engine.

Danny, K6MHE