Old October 9th 03, 04:28 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

Sounds like some stuff I once looked at. That was either RG17 or RG117.
Connectors are going to be very expensive. Unless you can determine that it
is very low loss, and really want it, buying new 9913 or LMR400 + connectors
might be cheaper. Andrew connectors in that size range are about U$ 30 each.

Tam/WB2TT
"MikeN" wrote in message
I have a 30 metre length of large diameter coax which I need to
identity to ensure I get the correct connectors.

The cable is about twice as thick as RG213, and has the following
parameters.

Sheath is 22mm OD black PVC. or PE
Inner conductor is a single solid 5 mm dia copper conductor
Outer conductor is bare copper braid.
Dielectric is solid polyethylene

I think this coax is UR 74 or perhaps UR 74M (is there a difference?).

Could someone confirm my identifcation or put me right if I'm in
error.

Thanks

MikeN ZL1BNB