Old July 22nd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo David Eduardo is offline

Default IBOC Crap News

"Steve" wrote in message
oups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:

AM in rated markets can give you an idea of what is happening. In the 7
years since Fall 1998 to the Winter, 2006, AM in Los Angeles has gone
from
just under 24% of listening to 17%. That is a loss of about 30% of AM
listening in that period, or about 3% a year.

At the same time, the average age of AM listeners has crept up by over 5
years, and most of the listeners are in age groups that are of no
interest
to most advertisers.

None of this is news, you idiot.

I see. I fit is not news, what is the average share for AM in san Francisco?
El Paso? Atlanta? And what was it 8 years ago?

I see. You did not know. It _is_ news, but you are in denial that something
must be done.

What you and your marketing buddies
are wanting to do to AM is worse than its simply dying!

I see. taking something that is doing very poorly and not doing anything
would be the rightr step?

I know no such thing. I know that AM has great potential with HD if the
roll
out of receivers (7 new ones announced this week, including a $149 after
market car radio) comes fast enough and stations promote it enough.

You are a liar and a troll.

A troll says something outrageous.

I am saying that new radios are coming out, and the price is going down.
True. Not outrageous.

I am saying that there are over 2000 stations comitted to HD, and there are
new HD 2 channels going on the air daily. . True. Not otrageous.

I am saying AM will die if the current trend continues another 5 years. This
is also true, and quite frightening.

Being a realist, I know that AM, where I started in radio, is a 90 year
old
medium and will definitely die if we do not improve it in a way that is
palpable by the listener, especially the under-45 crowd.

If it's put into the hands of scum like you, it will die immediately.
Jerk

I have built, managed and programmed AMs for the last 42 years. The decline
is technology based, and can be corrected... with technology.