Old September 8th 03, 05:14 PM
Clif Holland

When did you have this work done and by who?

To my knowledge Kenwood has never paid a warranty station to do the work.
They may have done some in-house.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)
"Leigh W3NLB" wrote in message
On 07 Sep 2003 20:10:39 GMT, "Tom Tillander"
wrote:

Thanks, I'm aware of the "goop" issue as well.... I'm just trying to get
prepared for all contingencies. Are you saying Kenwood used to repair

this
for free even if your warranty has expired?

That's correct. The repair was paid under warranty by Kenwood (if
done by a Kenwood warranty service station) regardless of when the rig
was purchased or who the current owner was.

73 de Leigh W3NLB