Old July 30th 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default End Fed Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Reccomendations ?

- Lisa Simpson wrote:
- Finally got my antenna mast erected today, and am now on
- the prowl for an end fed shortwave antenna to attach to it,
- and am soliciting recommendations please . . .

LS,

1 - My choice for simple and easy would be the Par Electronics
End-Fed Shortwave Listening (EF-SWL) Antenna.
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mt2003reviews.html
http://www.parelectronics.com/swl_end.htm
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3707
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html

Rig {Set-Up} the 45 Foot Wire Antenna Element as a
15 Foot Vertical-Up-Leg by 30 Foot Horizontal-Out-Arm
configured as an Inverted "L" {Low Noise} Antenna using
a Coax Cable feed-in-line and remote Ground Rod.

The Par EF-SWL uses a Wire Antenna Element that is
# 14 AWG "Flex-Weave" Insulated Wire that is made up
of 168 Strands of #36 Gauge Copper Wire.

Gives good all-around Shortwave Band reception and
works well on the AM/MW Band Antenna too.

Note - More of RHF's posts here on RRS about the Par
Electronics EF-SWL Antenna = http://tinyurl.com/s8yua

2 - Another 'alternative' would be one of these RF Junkie
Matching Transformers with a Shortwave Listening (SWL)
Antenna of your own making :

* RF Junkie 'introduces' new SWLZ Balun
using "F" Connector for use with RG6 Coax Cable
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...b90bced20caa9d

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...4ed98cedc9e5eb

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...80b823057d9744
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...b07e98a66ab88b

* LMZ-75 Shortwave Listener (SWL) Longwire Antenna
{Random Wire} Impedance Matcher
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...77c0e9783e7421

* Rigging - The LMZ-75, SWLZ and RF Systems MLB
(Magnetic LongWire Balun)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...6df0ac85d0fbea

Note - More of RHF's posts here on RRS about the RF Junkie
Matching Transformers = http://tinyurl.com/myxe8

iane ~ RHF