Old July 30th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default end fed antenna reccomendations

Finally got my antenna mast erected today, and am now on the prowl for an
end fed shortwave antenna to attach to it, and am soliciting recommendations
please . . .

Old July 30th 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default End Fed Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Reccomendations ?

- Lisa Simpson wrote:
- Finally got my antenna mast erected today, and am now on
- the prowl for an end fed shortwave antenna to attach to it,
- and am soliciting recommendations please . . .

LS,

1 - My choice for simple and easy would be the Par Electronics
End-Fed Shortwave Listening (EF-SWL) Antenna.
http://www.monitoringtimes.com/html/mt2003reviews.html
http://www.parelectronics.com/swl_end.htm
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3707
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT8.html
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/2205.html

Rig {Set-Up} the 45 Foot Wire Antenna Element as a
15 Foot Vertical-Up-Leg by 30 Foot Horizontal-Out-Arm
configured as an Inverted "L" {Low Noise} Antenna using
a Coax Cable feed-in-line and remote Ground Rod.

The Par EF-SWL uses a Wire Antenna Element that is
# 14 AWG "Flex-Weave" Insulated Wire that is made up
of 168 Strands of #36 Gauge Copper Wire.

Gives good all-around Shortwave Band reception and
works well on the AM/MW Band Antenna too.

Note - More of RHF's posts here on RRS about the Par
Electronics EF-SWL Antenna = http://tinyurl.com/s8yua

2 - Another 'alternative' would be one of these RF Junkie
Matching Transformers with a Shortwave Listening (SWL)
Antenna of your own making :

* RF Junkie 'introduces' new SWLZ Balun
using "F" Connector for use with RG6 Coax Cable
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...b90bced20caa9d

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...4ed98cedc9e5eb

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...80b823057d9744
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...b07e98a66ab88b

* LMZ-75 Shortwave Listener (SWL) Longwire Antenna
{Random Wire} Impedance Matcher
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...77c0e9783e7421

* Rigging - The LMZ-75, SWLZ and RF Systems MLB
(Magnetic LongWire Balun)
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...6df0ac85d0fbea

Note - More of RHF's posts here on RRS about the RF Junkie
Matching Transformers = http://tinyurl.com/myxe8

iane ~ RHF
Old July 30th 06, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/lm.html

Old July 30th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 02:23:43 GMT, "Lisa Simpson"
wrote:

Finally got my antenna mast erected today, and am now on the prowl for an
end fed shortwave antenna to attach to it, and am soliciting recommendations
please . . .

Attach a piece of wire to the center pin of a coax plug, screw the
plug onto your radio, run the wire out your window, up your mast,
across the yard, however long you want it to be.

That's a description of my 20 meter end fed wire (okay, it goes
through a tuner, but if you're not transmitting, there's no need to
use one).

You might be surprised how **little** house noise you pick up, running
a wire directly into the window, sans coax.

bob
k5qwg

Why Antenna Tuners Aren't Necessarily Useful for Shortwave Listening - Question Shortwave Listening (SWL) Antenna Tuners - Do You Have An Opinion ? Bob Miller Shortwave 40 September 3rd 12 02:15 PM
Why Tilt ? - The Terminated Tilted Folded Dipole (TTFD / T2FD) Antenna RHF Shortwave 2 April 18th 06 10:21 PM
Passive Repeater Bryan Martin Antenna 13 February 10th 06 02:03 PM
The Long and Thin Vertical Loop Antenna. [ The Non-Resonance Vertical with a Difference ] RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:03 PM
Grounding Steve Rabinowitz Shortwave 31 December 14th 05 05:26 AM