Old August 2nd 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kurt Kurt is offline

Default Any recommendations for a sw radio with good sound for outside use?

Hi everyone. I'm in need of a shortwave radio that I could use outside that
has a large enough speaker with clear sound to be heard from 20 feet away or
more. I have been using an old Zenith Royal 3000 but i have lost the knob
to change the bands, plus it has seen better days and is in terrible
condition, though suitable for when I am doing yardwork, shopwork, etc. I
was wondering if there are any newer radios out there that have comparable
sound quality to the Royal 3000 (grundig s-350, et. al??) or if I should try
to find a knob somewhere and stick with the oldie until it dies?
I know durability is an issue as well, since nothing built recently can
compare with the 3000 but I can accept that just as long as the radio is
large enough so I don't accidentally step on it, forget it, etc.