Old August 7th 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.radio.cb,alt.pizza.delivery.drivers,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.hackers.malicious,rec.radio.amateur.policy
[email protected] N90GL@yahoo.com is offline

Default Monitoring Channel 9

DrDeath wrote:
"Alex" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I'm a new amateur radio operator, and though I know a license isn't
required to use the CB frequencies I hope to add a CB radio to my ham
shack. Also living not far from a major interstate and a good distance
from any major cities I hope to keep it tuned to channel 9 to monitor
for emergencies. I guess two questions .. do folks still use Channel 9
for emergencies, and do any law enforcement agencies still monitor it?

My main reason for adding a CB radio was to get traffic updates since
we have to hit the interstate when heading almost anywhere, but I
figure if I can help passers-by with the same equipment, what a good
way to use the CB radio.

Anyway just thought I'd throw that out there and see if others do the
same thing ...

Alex

Your better off monitoring 19.

IT'S "YOU'RE" NOT "YOUR" AS IN SHORT FOR "YOU ARE".
you ignorant *******!