Old August 9th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
[email protected] patrickantoun@gmail.com is offline

Default Winding some RF coils and transformers - scramble-wind??

hello everyone,

i'm trying to build a transistor theremin by following an article
written by dr. bob moog in 1961. the only problem really is the RF
coils and transformers; he gives specific instructions on how to make
them by winding them yourself.

you can see the schematic he
http://moogarchives.com/there61b.htm
http://moogarchives.com/there61c.htm

first he says to wind the coils on 1/2 inch diameter slug-tuned coil
forms. can anyone tell me where i can find these or if there's
something i can use instead.

next he mentions that some of the windings need to be "scramble wound".
could anyone please explain to me what that means or show me a picture
of what that looks like.
also if anyone has some general information or tips on winding rf coils
and transformers, i'd greatly appreciate it.

thank you so much,

patrick