Old August 9th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

Default Winding some RF coils and transformers - scramble-wind??

hello everyone,

i'm trying to build a transistor theremin by following an article
written by dr. bob moog in 1961. the only problem really is the RF
coils and transformers; he gives specific instructions on how to make
them by winding them yourself.

you can see the schematic he
http://moogarchives.com/there61b.htm
http://moogarchives.com/there61c.htm

first he says to wind the coils on 1/2 inch diameter slug-tuned coil
forms. can anyone tell me where i can find these or if there's
something i can use instead.

next he mentions that some of the windings need to be "scramble wound".
could anyone please explain to me what that means or show me a picture
of what that looks like.
also if anyone has some general information or tips on winding rf coils
and transformers, i'd greatly appreciate it.

thank you so much,

patrick

Old August 9th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment

patrickantoun wrote ...
next he mentions that some of the windings need to be "scramble
wound".
could anyone please explain to me what that means or show me a picture
of what that looks like.

"scramble wound" means just what it sounds like.
uneven placement of the turns across the coil space
as contrasted with careful placement of the wire in
nice neat layers.

also if anyone has some general information or tips on winding rf
coils
and transformers, i'd greatly appreciate it.

There are many resources available online.
Google is your friend.