Old September 27th 03, 11:51 AM
Ian

Hello.
On my FT757GXmkI the VFO knob is a push-pull fit.
It is a very tight fit and I've on guarantee that all the mkI sets were a
push-pull fit - Yaesu might have changed partway through production.

My 757 came with the "FT-757GX Technical Supplement" which shows how to take
the set apart.

Looks like you remove the top and bottom covers and then you'll see the
screws which retain the front panel.

I'm _almost_ certain that you don't have to remove the VFO knob in order to
remove the front panel.
I think the front panel comes away from the body of the set as a compete
unit.

I can scan the relevant page for you if that would help.

73, Ian G4EAN

Anders S. Nielsen wrote in message
. ..
have recently bought a used FT-757GX (Original not MKII) - It works
fine, but I need to clean/tighten the mode selector.

How do I remove the front panel? Do I have to remove the VFO knob?

Vy 73 de
Anders / OZ3ACB