Old August 18th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default New antenna find and disappointment

In article ,
"Philo" wrote:

"jawod" wrote in message
I just stumbled upon a cool approach to an "antenna-in-a-box". Titanex
AKS8010 is a 3 legged tower system topped with a log period array that
doubles as a capacitance hat: each of the 3 legs of the tower is a
vertical.

What a cool idea.

I contacted their US Supplier: Array Solutions and Jay tells me that the
producer is unreliable and not consumer-responsive. He dropped his
supplier status with them 5 years ago and has asked Titanex to remove his
address from their website several times.

It's listed at 2695 Euros...not cheap, eh?

Still, I think this is an intriguing approach.

Here is their (Titanex's) address:
http://www.titanex.de

John
AB8O

Titanex sells fine antennas. It's "first class" material. I build the DLP15:
it's a jewel.

Just one thing: the English they use in the building instructions stinks, so
you would better know what you are doing when you assemble their stuff.

They also don't know how to make pictures and the B&W photocopies (from
photocopies from photocopies) are a shame considering the cost of the
antennas.

Kind regards,

Philo

PS: I know, my English stinks too, but I don't sell antennas.

i can't comment on the actual product but jay is a fair guy if he says
the vendor isn't responsive, watch out a good product from a bad person
is not worth it to me anymore maybe i am pickey support and such
are most important