Old August 17th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default New antenna find and disappointment

I just stumbled upon a cool approach to an "antenna-in-a-box". Titanex
AKS8010 is a 3 legged tower system topped with a log period array that
doubles as a capacitance hat: each of the 3 legs of the tower is a
vertical.

What a cool idea.

I contacted their US Supplier: Array Solutions and Jay tells me that the
producer is unreliable and not consumer-responsive. He dropped his
supplier status with them 5 years ago and has asked Titanex to remove
his address from their website several times.

It's listed at 2695 Euros...not cheap, eh?

Still, I think this is an intriguing approach.

Here is their (Titanex's) address:
http://www.titanex.de

John
AB8O
Old August 17th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"jawod" wrote in message
I just stumbled upon a cool approach to an "antenna-in-a-box". Titanex
AKS8010 is a 3 legged tower system topped with a log period array that
doubles as a capacitance hat: each of the 3 legs of the tower is a
vertical.

What a cool idea.

I contacted their US Supplier: Array Solutions and Jay tells me that the
producer is unreliable and not consumer-responsive. He dropped his
supplier status with them 5 years ago and has asked Titanex to remove his
address from their website several times.

It's listed at 2695 Euros...not cheap, eh?

Still, I think this is an intriguing approach.

Here is their (Titanex's) address:
http://www.titanex.de

John
AB8O

Titanex sells fine antennas. It's "first class" material. I build the DLP15:
it's a jewel.

Just one thing: the English they use in the building instructions stinks, so
you would better know what you are doing when you assemble their stuff.

They also don't know how to make pictures and the B&W photocopies (from
photocopies from photocopies) are a shame considering the cost of the
antennas.

Kind regards,

Philo

PS: I know, my English stinks too, but I don't sell antennas.

Old August 18th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

In article ,
"Philo" wrote:

"jawod" wrote in message
[...]

i can't comment on the actual product but jay is a fair guy if he says
the vendor isn't responsive, watch out a good product from a bad person
is not worth it to me anymore maybe i am pickey support and such
are most important
Old August 18th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

ml wrote in :

In article ,
"Philo" wrote:

"jawod" wrote in message
[...]

I've never used them myself, but I see Titanex products in some pretty
impressive stations, including the only 9-element 160 meter beam I ever
heard of.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667
Old August 18th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

NINE elements for 160!?!

Any pictures online? Is this a rotatable rigid monster?

BTW, the log periodic on top of the tower sounds like a cool setup, I'd
rather roll my own antennas, but it was clever to market it as an
all-in-one solution. It's the very high end G5RV :-)

Dan

Old August 19th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

" wrote in
oups.com:

NINE elements for 160!?!

Any pictures online? Is this a rotatable rigid monster?

It's a nine-element phased octagon with eight verticals on the rim and
one in the center.

Back when Electrospace was making nice verticals, I had two of theirs
phased in a variable-delay configuration that did a very nice job from
eastern Canada back around 1979. I was fairly loud just about anywhere
and easily able to work all continents from there. Never did make it to
JA on 75 or 80 like the guys with four-squares, though. Those verticals
were 32 feet with a top-hat on them. They were excellent on 75 and
literal killers on 40. The first QSO I had on the first one I put up was
long-path to VK on 40m CW. It was still daylight at my end of the path!

BTW, the log periodic on top of the tower sounds like a cool setup, I'd
rather roll my own antennas, but it was clever to market it as an
all-in-one solution. It's the very high end G5RV :-)

Well, no, it's NOTHING like a G5RV.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667