Old August 18th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dave Oldridge Dave Oldridge is offline

Default New antenna find and disappointment

ml wrote in :

In article ,
"Philo" wrote:

"jawod" wrote in message
I just stumbled upon a cool approach to an "antenna-in-a-box".
Titanex AKS8010 is a 3 legged tower system topped with a log period
array that doubles as a capacitance hat: each of the 3 legs of the
tower is a vertical.

What a cool idea.

I contacted their US Supplier: Array Solutions and Jay tells me
that the producer is unreliable and not consumer-responsive. He
dropped his supplier status with them 5 years ago and has asked
Titanex to remove his address from their website several times.

It's listed at 2695 Euros...not cheap, eh?

Still, I think this is an intriguing approach.

Here is their (Titanex's) address:
http://www.titanex.de

John
AB8O

Titanex sells fine antennas. It's "first class" material. I build the
DLP15: it's a jewel.

Just one thing: the English they use in the building instructions
stinks, so you would better know what you are doing when you assemble
their stuff.

They also don't know how to make pictures and the B&W photocopies
(from photocopies from photocopies) are a shame considering the cost
of the antennas.

Kind regards,

Philo

PS: I know, my English stinks too, but I don't sell antennas.

i can't comment on the actual product but jay is a fair guy if he
says the vendor isn't responsive, watch out a good product from a bad
person is not worth it to me anymore maybe i am pickey support
and such are most important

I've never used them myself, but I see Titanex products in some pretty
impressive stations, including the only 9-element 160 meter beam I ever
heard of.

--
Dave Oldridge+
ICQ 1800667