Old August 19th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II m II is offline

Default DRM Shortwave Radio - Has It Died !

Steve wrote:

m II wrote:
Steve wrote:

My prediction: DRM won't be around long enough to ruin HF.

But the US government WILL be. Will you do anything to save worldwide
shortwave radio?

mike

Maybe...like what?

The Ham organizations in as many countries as possible should be
notified, as a start. I hadn't heard of this newest harebrained scheme
until I read about it here. There are probably countless others who are
in a similar situation.

I will write a letter to the Canadian authorities and suggest other
Canadians do the same thing.
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/welcome.htm

Radio listeners/operators in other countries should do the same, as
there are equivalent governing bodies on most, if not all Countries.
Every letter received helps. Their attention has to be turned towards
this impending disaster.

That is just a small start and as the information spreads, the
politicians could be informed by a very large number of potential voters
that the plan is obscene.

Would the ARRL in the US be a good start? Have they even said anything
about this?

mike