Old August 17th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DRM Shortwave Radio - Has It Died !

RHF wrote:

The Bottom Line : Switching-Off Analogue FM and AM
Radios may take years and making millions of much-loved
Analogue Radio sets useless will no doubt be controversial.

DRM Shortwave Radio - Has It Died ! ~ RHF
{ And Does Anyone Really Care ? }

I personally find it astounding that anyone believes that DRM will do
anything to help commercial HF broadcasting. It has no appeal for
those, like me, who'd rather not see the HF bands destroyed. Nor will
DRM appeal to the millions of "average Joe" consumers who'll view it as
a perverse twist on an already puzzling medium.

DRM consortium says: "Take advantage of the world's only, open standard
digital radio system for short-wave, AM/medium-wave and long-wave."

Consumers hear: "Come buy this special receiver that will allow you to
hear all of those broadcasts that don't interest you--with digital
quality audio!!"

Nevermind the dropped signals, of course.

My prediction: DRM won't be around long enough to ruin HF.

Old August 19th 06, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

m II wrote:
Steve wrote:

My prediction: DRM won't be around long enough to ruin HF.

But the US government WILL be. Will you do anything to save worldwide
shortwave radio?

mike

Maybe...like what?

The Ham organizations in as many countries as possible should be
notified, as a start. I hadn't heard of this newest harebrained scheme
until I read about it here. There are probably countless others who are
in a similar situation.

I will write a letter to the Canadian authorities and suggest other
Canadians do the same thing.
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/welcome.htm

Radio listeners/operators in other countries should do the same, as
there are equivalent governing bodies on most, if not all Countries.
Every letter received helps. Their attention has to be turned towards
this impending disaster.

That is just a small start and as the information spreads, the
politicians could be informed by a very large number of potential voters
that the plan is obscene.

Would the ARRL in the US be a good start? Have they even said anything
about this?

mike
Old August 19th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I dont really like to pick on Canada and,or Canadians,,, but sometimes
y'all Canadians drive me up the wall.I hope y'all Canadians realize
that.No bad s... intended.
cuhulin

Old August 19th 06, 05:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I might write a letter to Ottawa and tell them to get you straightned
out.
I have two female married (what IS it about them married
wimmins,anyway?) friends in Winnipeg and Vancouver.They seem straight
enough to me.
cuhulin

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
214 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (09-APR-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 April 10th 04 06:59 PM