Old August 21st 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Vertica multiband antenna HF

Ruben--

Do you have room for a horizontal antenna? I have used a broadband antenna
similar to the B&W multiband folded dipole. It is convenient in an urban
environment, because a tuner is not required. With a single center support,
it fits the top of a typical building. However, it is not as efficient as a
full sized antenna, because there is an integral matching resistor that
consumes some power.

--Wayne

"Ruben Navarro Huedo" wrote in message
Hello friends:
My name is Ruben (EB5ESX) and i am from Spain.
I have to replace my vertical antenna becouse i am having a lot of
mecanical problems with it.
It is an artesanal antenna made in Spain.
I live in a building and i can't install radial systems, becouse i have to
install elevated in a mast.
I need an antenna like Cushcraft R8, Gap Titan, Diamond CP-6 or something
like that with integrated radial systems.
Money is not the most important for me..... i am looking for a durable and
efficient vertical antenna.
What antenna do you like?
Do you have some experience?

My antenna at this moment is an standard loaded 1/4 wave vertical with a
lot of losses and very noisy.

Please... any help?

Thank's a lot.