Old August 20th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Vertica multiband antenna HF

Hello friends:
My name is Ruben (EB5ESX) and i am from Spain.
I have to replace my vertical antenna becouse i am having a lot of mecanical
problems with it.
It is an artesanal antenna made in Spain.
I live in a building and i can't install radial systems, becouse i have to
install elevated in a mast.
I need an antenna like Cushcraft R8, Gap Titan, Diamond CP-6 or something
like that with integrated radial systems.
Money is not the most important for me..... i am looking for a durable and
efficient vertical antenna.
What antenna do you like?
Do you have some experience?

My antenna at this moment is an standard loaded 1/4 wave vertical with a lot
of losses and very noisy.

Please... any help?

Thank's a lot.

Old August 21st 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ruben--

Do you have room for a horizontal antenna? I have used a broadband antenna
similar to the B&W multiband folded dipole. It is convenient in an urban
environment, because a tuner is not required. With a single center support,
it fits the top of a typical building. However, it is not as efficient as a
full sized antenna, because there is an integral matching resistor that
consumes some power.

--Wayne

Old August 21st 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:46:02 +0200, "Ruben Navarro Huedo"
wrote:

I need an antenna like Cushcraft R8, Gap Titan, Diamond CP-6 or something
like that with integrated radial systems.

My Hy-Gain AV-640 does a very good job. But dont forget - none of
these antennas can be mounted without guy ropes. I use 3mm
'starter-rope' that is sold in hardware stores. They label it as UV
resistant and having 180kg max. This rope was made as a starting rope
for lawnmower.

The radials a steel elements. around 1 m, hanging down very deep.

73
Wolfgang
OE1MWW
Old August 21st 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

A lot of thank's for your answer.
Hy gain is a good antenna.
Why did you choose it and not Cushcraft or other antenna?
Seems that Hy Gain has less looses? Is this ok?

Thank's a lot

--
Usando el revolucionario cliente de correo de Opera:
http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old August 22nd 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cushcraft has spare-part problems in mij experience and Hygain not for
starters.
I had a Cushcraft R6000 and now a Hygain AV620 who has the same designer.
The pro for the AV620 is that the antenna has no traps only stubs.
IMHO the AV620 performs better then the R6000.
Wolfgangs advise to guy the antenne is treu because the antenna is catching
wind.That's also for the R6000.
IMHO the mount-material from Cuscraft is better then Hygain and the time to
contruct a R6000 is a lot shorter then a AV620.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Hans Pluijgers

callsign : PA3HGT
http://www.pa3hgt.nl

Old August 22nd 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ruben Navarro Huedo wrote:

I need an antenna like Cushcraft R8, Gap Titan, Diamond CP-6 or
something
like that with integrated radial systems.

I have a Cushcraft R7 which I picked up used a few years ago. It has
withstood four harsh Calgary winters, heavy hail, and some pretty high winds without any
degredation in performance. It is not guyed and provides 40 meter
operation as well. I've used other verticals, and beams as well, but in over
40 years of hamming it's the best antenna I've had so far.

Irv VE6BP
--
Visit my HomePage at http://members.shaw.ca/finkirv/index.html