Old August 20th 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc
RST Engineering RST Engineering is offline

Default Creating vanity callsign with personal name..

Well, my two passions are flying and ham radio or electronics in general;
I've got a company called RST Engineering after the old CW method of signal
reporting (Readability, Strength, and Tone). THe call sign here is WX6RST
(WX is the aviation abbreviation for weather and RST are the above mentioned
CW abbrvtns).

The airplane registration number is N 73 CQ.

The Mazda license is KB9MII (the wife's call) and the Subaru license is
WX6RST.

You can do anything you damned well please. And it is Extra, not Expert.

Post your current "non-grab" call sign and I'll bet we can come up with some
Philthy Phonetics for it that you might even like {;-)

Jim

"Alex" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to amateur radio, and I was wondering what folks think of
creating a vanity callsign based on one's personal name?